Well, we have recently added an example to the international students’ pages of our website.
Debasmita is from India and came to study for a MSc in Management, graduating last year. She had a variety of part-time jobs whilst at Sheffield and went on to get a graduate job in London with a major multi-national financial services company.
I interviewed Debasmita on film and we have edited it into a series of mini-clips on the following topics:-
• Debasmita’s qualifications and background, why she came to Sheffield, and her views on the University of Sheffield
• Her career ambitions
• Work experience - Getting a part-time job in Sheffield, using the Jobshop, and The Skills for Work Certificate
• Careers Service – what parts of it she used, how it helped her, and what she thinks of the Service
• Applying for graduate jobs and the outcome of the applications
• Her view on why she was successful in getting a graduate job
• What international students have to offer graduate employers
• How international students can maximise their chances of getting a graduate job
• What advice she would give new international students
So have a look and see if there are any tips you can pick up from Debasmita.
(By the way, I have been in touch with her several times since she left Sheffield and she is really enjoying her job.)