As you know, International students can attend all our general Careers Service events, but there are some sessions that are specifically for International Students. These form the Maximise Programme and it is about to start soon, so don’t miss out!
The sessions form a complete programme so you may find it useful to attend all of them, or you can just attend specific ones to suit you. But they will really help you with your career planning, job search and making applications.
Details of all the talks are below.
For further information and to book a place got to the Careers Service ‘What’s On Diary’ at
There are also some special sessions to help you obtain a National Insurance Number – these are also detailed below.
· International Students - Finding Part-time work in Sheffield
Thursday 9th October 1-2pm
· International Students - How to maximise your chances of getting a graduate job
Monday 13th October 1-2pm.
This is repeated on Tuesday 21st October 1-2pm
· International Students – CVs and Applications
Wednesday 29th October 1-2pm
· International Students - How to Prepare for the Careers Fairs
Thursday 30th October 1-2pm
· International Students - Staying in the UK to work - The Points Based System (Students Union Advice Centre and Careers Service)
Wednesday 5th November 5.15pm-7pm
· International Students - English Language issues for CVs/ Applications/Interviews (Careers Service and ELTC)
Monday 10th November 1-2pm
· International Students – Interviews
Thursday 27th November 1-2pm
National Insurance Number (NINO) Days
· Thursday 9th October (Bookings open Friday 3rd October –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place)
· Thursday 6th November (Bookings open Wednesday 29th October –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place)
· Thursday 4th December (Bookings open Wednesday 26th November –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place
Hope you find these sessions useful !