As you know, International students can attend all our general Careers Service events, but there are some sessions that are specifically for International Students. These form the Maximise Programme and it is about to start soon, so do not miss out!
The sessions form a complete programme so you may find it useful to attend all of them, or you can just attend specific ones to suit you. But they will really help you with your career planning, job search and making applications.
Details of all the talks are below.
For further information and to book a place got to the Careers Service ‘What’s On Diary’ at
There are also some special sessions to help you obtain a National Insurance Number – these are also detailed below.
· International Students - Finding Part-time work in Sheffield
Wednesday 7th October 1-2pm
· International Students - How to maximise your chances of getting a graduate job
Tuesday 13th October 1-2pm.
This is repeated on Thursday 22nd October 1-2pm
· International Students – Understanding UK Careers Fairs and how to prepare for them
Tuesday 27th October 1-2pm
· International Students - Staying in the UK to work - The Points Based System (Students Union Advice Centre and Careers Service)
Thursday 5th November 5.15pm-7pm
· International Students - English Language issues for CVs/ Applications/Interviews (Careers Service and ELTC)
Thursday 12th November 1-2pm
National Insurance Number (NINO) Days
· Thursday 8th October (Bookings open Friday 2nd October –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place)
· Thursday 5th November (Bookings open Thursday 29th October –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place)
· Thursday 3rd December (Bookings open Wednesday 25th November –call in at Jobshop to reserve a place
Hope you find these sessions useful !