What’s on just for you
However we also run some that are aimed specifically at international students. These will help you understand the employment market in the UK and how you can engage with it to achieve your ambitions.
Events that we have coming up this semester include:
• Monday 4th October - Talk on ‘Finding part-time work in Sheffield’ (will be repeated again later in the semester)
• Thursday 14th October -Talk on ‘International Students- how to maximise your chances of getting a graduate job’ (repeated on Wednesday 27th October)
• Tuesday 19th October – ‘National Insurance (N.I.) Number Day’- a chance to register to get a N.I. Number (will be repeated again later in the semester)
• Wednesday 20th October-‘International Students Peer Panel- the truth about working while you study’ – a chance to hear from your fellow students about how they got jobs
• Thursday 4th and 11th November -CV/Applications Workshop
• Tuesday 9th November – Talk on ‘Staying in the UK to work – the points based system’ (run with the Student Union Advice Centre)
• Thursday 2nd December – Interview Workshop
You can find out further details of all of these on our ‘What’s On Diary’
What's On Diary
Also call in to the Careers Service or Job Shop to pick up a copy of our ‘Maximise’ leaflet which gives full details of all these events plus lots of other useful information for International Students.
Finally don’t forget to visit the Part-time Jobs and Volunteering Fair -Wednesday 6 October 2010- 11.00 am - 3.00 pm in the Octagon Centre
Part-time Jobs & Volunteering Fair